Aller au contenu

[Accepted] [Project] Akuma Kyōdai

xadrow
 Partager

Messages recommandés

PREFACE:

Avant tout, je voudrais faire une petite dédicace à TheGaudis pour avoir spoiler ce projet dans sa candidature de Chevalier (c’est un type un peu relou sympa comme tout, donc allez-y jeter un petit coup d’œil).

De plus, la demande de ce projet sera rédigée intégralement (à l’exception de la préface) en Anglais, principalement car mon niveau de français, bien que tout à fait correct, ne me permet plus de m’exprimer de la façon que je veux depuis que j’ai commencé mes études au Royaume-Uni.

Je m’excuse d’avance de la potentielle barrière linguistique que ceci pourrait poser, mais en même temps je cherche à innover. Si vous avez quelconque soucis vis-à-vis de la compréhension même du sujet, je peux répondre en français, bien que cela ruine mon petit gimmick.

Bon, allons-y.

悪魔兄弟

Akuma kyōdai

akumakyodai.png

Overall Presentation of the concept:

The city is based off a fantasy Japanese universe, filled with spirits and demons (Yokai). It mixes both traditional Japanese housing styles from the countryside and a fantasy skyscraper section with high density housing because of requirements for living space.

The purpose of this town is mainly aesthetic and lore related, but also to be used as a potential reference for people who seek to spice up some of their builds, or learn about different Japanese building styles. Alternatively, it can also be used for housing players in dire need of a home.

As an added feature of the design, the city will be multilingual, i.e., both French and English. The reason for this choice is to open up to a potential English community, but also to provide a helping hand for players who seek to learn English in a more in-depth manner, meaning, every message board, book and feature will have its name in both French and English. This concept might be awkward, but we feel like this could be a valuable tool in the expansion of the community and the server as a whole. This choice will in NO WAY discriminate any player who wishes to join, and the team is more than ready to speak in both languages if required.

Joining the project does not require you to know both languages, but it’s a useful bonus.

Technical Details:

-Project name: Akuma Kyōdai 

-Dimensions: Approximately 600*400 given the shape of the land (water areas included)

-Max height: 256

-Used area in this area: surface, underground and sky for floating islands.

-Objectives: mainly aesthetic, complimentary RP to another existing project (to be revealed later on), housing.

-Leaders/Founders: Xadrow

-Other participants: TheGaudis, Glieps, BA06

-Location and Overall Border:

plan%231%20bis.png

Lore:

NOTE:

This is the role play section. For the purpose of this highly irregular project, I have prepared an even more irregular presentation of the Lore of the village: a full-on theatrical video.

Because I am conscious that not everyone’s level of English is the same, I’ve decide to put the text of the video as a spoiler underneath it. I will apologize for there not being a translation, but I really couldn’t have something as epic as I wanted it to be translated into French… it just didn’t work for me.

Also, if this project is accepted, expect an extended lore in the RP Tavern or in the potential forum thread (if we ever get there).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVCDPkh91rU&feature=youtu.be

On a faraway island, it's landscapes unlike any seen before, lived a community of demons, each race sequestered to their own portions of the island and vying for power, and control over their mythical homeland.

This was a time of conflict and villainy, and no tactic was too low for these tribes, no crime too heinous to commit.

As with most things, this fragile war could not last.

One powerful demon, strong enough to stand up to the hordes of infighting armies, rose up and united the land in one brilliant campaign.

He approached every tribe and every army, and even bargained with Tsukiakari, the Mother of Dragons, guardian spirit of the island, for her allegiance, securing him the awe and respect of many of his followers.

Though the inhabitants of the island were initially fearful, he proved himself a wise and understanding ruler, and brought about a peaceful reign of love and kindness. Eventually the demons forgot about war, united as they were under their leader, the newly crowned King Akumajin, king of the demons and ruler of Akuma no Tochi.

Their island became a beautiful civilization, and King Akumajin began the tradition of a magnificent feast celebrating the Mother of Dragons. It was to her that Akumajin dedicated his rule.

Conflict forgotten, the island eventually enjoyed the celebration of two royal daughters. The king was beside himself with joy, and the entire community of demons were as happy as he was. Even the Mother of Dragons let herself be moved by the birth of these two children: the symbols of continued peace.

These daughters were given the names Hikari and Yami.

During the new-born’s birthday celebration, she gifted each daughter a dragon egg: one cerulean blue, the other bright crimson. To King Akumajin’s amazement, each egg hatched to reveal two new dragons, and each crawled up to the child of their choice: Aka, the crimson dragon chose Yami whereas the blue one, Ao, nestled against Hikari.

For years, it seemed like the world had changed from hell to paradise, but just as the long period of war couldn't last forever, neither could the age of peace.

King Akumajin's household was conflicted: where Yami pursued interests such as alchemy, magic, and science, Hikari focussed on mastering her body and forging herself and her mind into a living weapon, and the pair argued constantly.

Over the years simple disagreements turned to all out feuds, and Akumajin was powerless to stop it. The Mother of Dragons retired to observe from afar, maintaining the balance of the world: the king was alone, and getting older.

When it was time for him to relinquish the throne, the hostility between the two sisters exploded into all-out conflict.

Sides were taken by the populace: many supported Hikari's militaristic ways, whereas others felt Yami was the wiser of the two, despite the arrogance of both of them. The island descended into fighting once again: first small skirmishes, then all-out war.

And King Akumajin looked on helplessly.

The war hit a critical point when the two sisters decided to unleash their ultimate weapons: their dragons.

As the entire island burned as a result of these magnificent beasts, Yami and Hikari fought tooth and nail for control of their country, so much that even the Mother of Dragons could no longer stand by.

Outraged by the carnage and the devastating role her own children had played, She exiled the entire island, guilty of war, to an unfamiliar world far away from their beloved island, alone and confused, and with no more throne to fight over.

Both sisters went their separate ways at first, trying to survive on their own, before eventually returning to defeat their sibling once they were powerful enough. Their own individual reigns were short lived, however.

They put aside their differences and returned to each other, each leading their own army of supporters, and decided to forge a new city where they could survive together, in the south of the plains of New Stendel: they named this city Akuma Kyōdai.

Years passed, and they slowly built a civilization together. Years passed, and they became accustomed to working together to save their people.

Many years later, they decided to celebrate their alliance by holding a feast to the honor of the Mother of Dragons, as their father had done so long ago.

Moved by their friendship, the Mother of Dragons relented, and returned their island to them: her magic maintains the former island high above Akuma Kyōdai, to the sister's delight and wonder. As an added reward, she also grew a forest of cherry trees around their city, trees that would always be in bloom.

And so the world entered a new age of exploration, and reconstruction. Or so the legends tell…

Environmental Work implied:

-          Flattening out certain high hills and removing all grass for the build.

-          Cutting off the north by making a river, making the landmass an island

-          Adding the sakura belt

-          Terraforming the middle area for dense housing, while trying to keep the water flowing through (see on explicative maps further)

-          Adding 2 large floating islands and smaller floating chunks of land.

-          Naturalize the area once finished building.

Construction Style and Details:

Being heavily inspired by Japanese mythology, the building style goes accordingly: it will mainly consist of Japanese shrine like buildings, including small houses to temples and a manor/palace. On top of that, some of the streets are intended to feel kind of oppressing, with tight passages among tall buildings (similar to some scenes in Singapore in “Pirates of the Caribbean 3”).

The main materials will be wood and derived blocks (using both traditional Minecraft blocks as well as the full extent on the specific wooden blocks offered by the server, such as flower pots or overhangs/supports). The roof will be made out of netherbrick with a red slate trim. This detail is the key element of this project: a vivid red and purple roof contrasting with a light/mild and soft colour set for the main housing.

For most builds, the white walls will be made out of white marble for the richer houses and wool or snow for the less fortunate.

Except for functional buildings, skyscrapers and landmarks, including roads and decorations, cobblestone or any stone affiliated block is preferably not used, if not even banned. The reason for this is to keep a traditional look to the city, while at the same time show that it’s more of a small village instead of a huge industry filled metropolis, hence there will be little to no glass, metal or carved stones included in most buildings (some exceptions may obviously occur, as with all builds).

Eventually, Aka and Ao, the dragons from the Lore, will get their place as protecting guardians of the city, and will get life size versions built as well. Whether we will build them flying in the sky or underground still remains to be seen.

One of the key themes of this project is oppression: the woods, the dense city and the temples will be made in such a way that you feel small or weak in front of the later. This can be explained lore wise (Yokai scare humans by nature), so it should feel mystical and unknown to people who venture onto the paths around the land.

Buildings are also a lot larger in size (each floor is 5 blocks high) to add onto this idea of immenseness and oppression, and is justified by the fact that most of the Yokai are a lot taller than humans.

Building would go as follows:

-the south idle housing will be built first, slowly growing into the larger city, with the market very closely following;

-The sakura forest and orchards, as well as the farmlands will come next;

-temples, shrines and towers follow;

-The floating islands, each independently to be finished before passing onto the next one.

The reasoning behind this building order is to have a suitable project to show to people as soon as possible, and to avoid having a huge build site for too long at a time. Ultimately, this could also allow for a potential redesign of the floating islands at a later date, as they are not concrete as of yet.

The city will be planned (mostly) as follows:

plan%232%20bis.png

plan%233%20bis.png

The following screen shots are examples of the style that will be used for various buildings, as well as concept buildings for main monuments:

1. Idle housing

iddlehousing1.png

iddlehousing2.png

2. Temple

temple2.pngtemple3.png

3. Lumberjack camp

lumberjack1.png

4. Off road

offroad1.png

offroad2.png

5. City road

cityroad1.png

cityroad2.png

6. High tier house

high%20tier%20house1.png

high%20tier%20house2.png

high%20tier%20house3.png

7. Dragon tower

dragontower.png

8. City skyscraper

skyscraper1.png

skyscraper2.png

9. Blacksmith

blacksmith1.png

10. Harbor

harbor1.png

harbor2.png

harbor3.png

harbor4.png

harbor5.png

11. Farmland and houses

farm1.png

farm2.png

farm3.png

12. Shrine

temple1.png

13. Market

market1.png

market2.png

market3.png

market4.png

14. Trees

tree1.png

tree2.png

15. The Palace

castle1.pngcastle2.png

castle3.png

Building would also include adapting two bridges that exist already (the small one coming from Icarus and the large one inside of the terrain) to fit to the style of the project, as well as rework the pre-existing roads into the off-road style. The sand bridge leading to Säbhia will not be touched (unless something arises in the future diplomatic relations with the latter) and neither will the large bridge leading to Icarus (as requested by Glieps, owner of Icarus).

As a final note for this section, I (and all the future members of this project) am aware of the prices that come with building a city, especially this size, and we are willing to take our time to make this dream come true.

Politics and Society:

On the political standpoint, the city is a kingdom based on a militaristic hierarchy, with the power evenly split between two Over-Shogun, the Yokai sisters, impersonated by yours truly.

Any by-passer is considered a Ronin; this means all players, in the eyes of the system, are called Ronin.

Anyone who wishes to help with building or anything to aid the project within the first few months receives a citizenship’s offer, which includes a plot of land for a home. Citizenship afterwards would require a little token of kindness, whether it would be a small contribution of resources or silver coins (to still be determined).

Getting the rank of Exalted Elder means you are an important and respected member of the project. You can partake in decisions for larger community buildings.

However, the Daimyo of the land are the only ones allowed to supervise larger builds and have the final word on whether a certain aesthetical choice should be approved of or not. They follow the Shogun’s will unless told differently. The reason for this is that the project will try to marry a few different styles together, but the base concept needs to be kept. The Daimyo are chosen again by yours truly, myself.

POLITICAL%20SHEMA.png

* The ranks of the players are displayed by the roof crests on their houses. There will be 4 crest designs, each associated to a rank. If a player gets a new rank, they are to update the crest themselves. A registry will be held on who is on what rank. If a player is found to fraud their crest, they will be banned from the project.

crest1.png

crest2.png

crest3.png

crest4.png

* The habitants are peaceful and neutral, but due to their Yokai nature, if war should arise, they would fight to the death. The town does currently not partake in any alliance, organisation or corporate, and it’s standpoint on the matter is that it would rather stay on its own. Much like traditional Japanese society, the habitants, although open to regional trade, stick to themselves. The philosophy is that most humans cannot be trusted.

* The Dragon Festival, celebrating the Mother of Dragons (probably around spring), is an event that will be held at least once a year, where anyone is welcome to join for food, drinks, potions, dance and all sorts of fun. This will held in 3 potential locations: one of the orchards, the main square or in one of the dragon’s dens.

* If an Exalted Elder, Daimyo or Shogun leaves the project for any reason (including banishment of the project), it will be considered as the Death of said person, and a feast will be organised to morn him and send him off to the city of ghosts (Amaterasu). They will also receive a tombstone in the Yūrei no niwa (Garden of Ghosts).

Final Notes:

One of the main personal objectives of this project for me is to intertwine its existence and its lore with other Japanese inspired projects, and try to create a link in such a way that if you think of one project, you can’t help but think about the other ones. It wouldn’t be to create a new union, but to have a unified RP I can build later tales on (and maybe an event or two in the process?)

I’ve been working on this project for over a year, refining, reviewing and restarting several times, in hopes to please most people. While I know a few elements might look a bit like Amaterasu (dragons, Yokai populace…), I’ve done my best to create an original story and style, with a universe that works alongside the former. 

If you find there is something that I was unclear about or you have any questions, please ask away, I’ll be more than happy to explain anything you wish to know or learn about.

Neighbours terms and Agreements:

- Current land “owners”:

- bygdaddy21

bygdaddy.png

- diamond57

- cynfor62 (aka Thomas62630)

- Flareheat

- 3 more houses with owners I could not identify as of yet because they haven’t got a sign saying it’s their house.

A Scribe (Sadaroh) is currently working on the formalities as it would seem all these players would have abandoned the houses.

- Icarus: Accepted

accord%20Icarus.png

-Caras Galadhon: pending [moderator’s project]

-Valmont: pending [moderator’s project]

-Säbhia: pending [moderator’s project]

My most sincere thanks to:

-TheGaudis: For helping me with everything, from concepts to organization, to how to proceed with the formalities of founding projects. I’m not kidding when I say that if it weren’t for him, this project would probably never have seen the light of day.

-Stalroc: For honouring me with his voice acting for the Lore video, as well as his acting performance and for his support during my concept, design and finalizing stages

-Kélaïre: For its beautiful location for the filming of the Lore end scene.

-Icarus: For accepting my project to be placed next to theirs.

-Appalahuacs: for her amazing performance of Xadrow during the Lore end scene.

-Sadaroh: for relieving me of my fear that someone was preparing a project on the same land as I was, and for helping me out with the abandoned houses.

-Novi: for making a generous donation of 5000 Silver Coins ( PA ) under the condition that the project would be accepted.

More people to come eventually

Post updates:

-26/09/15: TheGaudis joined the project

Glieps joined the project

-29/09/15: added confimation that Bygdaddy21 has moved out of his previous home.

-1st/10/15: added end artwork

-4th/10/15: received a conditional donation of 5000 PA from Novi

-10th/10/15: added screenshots of the Palace design

-16th/10/15: BA06 joined the project

To be filled in eventually

Thank you for reading, thank you for your time, and thank you for your interest. I hope to see you all at the ceremonial opening when the Sakura trees blossom.

oninew.png

@Dio

Thank you for the kind words (and I didn't even need ggoogle translate to understand :D)

Normally it should be fine, I once asked Dok if I was allowed to do this in english, and as long as I followed all the right procedures, it should be fine... but I will be honest, I have no clue if this is still a thing at the moment.

Bonsoir,

Xadrow je ne te connais pas, mais j'ai déjà entendu parler de toi en mal bien.

Ta candidature est superbement bien présentée, et le RP en vidéo met une pointe d’originalité qui est très plaisante.

Quant à ton architecture je suis totalement sous le charme de ton bâtiment Dragon's Tower... je ne pense pas que ce type de building existe sur Minefield, l'architecture générale également.

Petite note sympa aussi sur les extrémités de toitures, attribuer un "style" de toiture dépendant du rang de l'habitant ... :D

Tout ca donc pour dire que je soutiens ton projet.

Félicitations pour le travail déjà accompli j'ai hâte de visiter ca IG.

Bizoux !

Ok, is there anything to say? This town has one of the most beautiful architecture that I've ever seen on Minefield, if not THE most.

I'd really like to see this project on the server so I give you my best +1 in waiting for its acceptation (because it simply can't be refused) :)

The time spent on this project is clearly seeable (visble?) in everything which is wrote: the signature is epic, the different architectures are amazing, the system is really good, and basically the fact of wanting to create an opening for the English players is nice, by the way I'll probably come sometimes in your channel to perfect my english (which isn't as good as I want as you can see ;) ), it must be an interesting experience ^^

Bonsoir,

C'est avec un grand plaisir que je viens soutenir mon grand ami Xadrow dans sa démarche de création de projet. Xadrow est un joueur très présent sur Minefield bien que peu connu de la communauté. Ce projet est une longue préparation de plusieurs mois, à côté de son autre travail très important qui j'espère verra lui aussi le jour au vu de la qualité.

Venons-en au projet maintenant :

Le projet Akuma Kyōdai n'est pas un projet crée sur un coup de tête ... Cela fait maintenant des mois et des mois que je vois défiler en MP mumble des maquettes de ses futures maisons et structures qui ont une qualité sans précédente. La beauté des bâtiments, la maîtrise du terrain et des matériaux ne peut qu'apporter que du bien sur cette partie de territoire.

La diversité des screens sur la demande de projet permet d'avoir une vision quasi parfaite de ce futur projet et honnêtement j'ai des étoiles dans les yeux (et pourtant le style Asiatique n'est pas ce que j'aime le plus).

Xadrow a su montrer que l'architecture Asiatique pouvait être plus complexe et non un style simple vu et revu. Les blocs Minefield sont utilisés d'une manière très honorable sur les maisons et l'usage des nouvelles bûches taillés permet d'accentuer encore plus le thème de son projet.

Venons-en au RP, on va pas se mentir c'est ultra rare d'avoir une vidéo de cette qualité sur une demande de projet. C'est un vrai plaisir de dévorer la vidéo et même si les joueurs ne comprennent pas trop l'Anglais, il y a quand même les images qui décrivent l'histoire et ça c'est beau franchement.

La mise en scène finale avec mes talents d'acteur ne peuvent que peaufiner cette candidature (Mouahahaha)

Enfin bref cette demande de projet est complète, belle et agréable. On ne peut qu'être attiré par la beauté de ce projet et ça c'est beau. (Trop de beauté dans ce plussoiement)

Bon, bon, bon je ne peux que donner un grand +1 à l'ami Xadrow Akuma pour sa demande de projet.

Je participerai avec des ressources pour t'aider à te lancer Xadrow et j'espère que ton projet verra le jour en jeu (et ça j'en doute pas)

En attendant bonne attente de validation et surtout Good Night !

*Part faire un gros dodo*

Amicalement,

Stalroc,

Seigneur de Simurgh,

Fondateur des Fondations Stalroc,

Rédacteur Gorafield,

Grand Savant du Turfu,

Eclaireur Nevain,

Banneret sans Terre d'Alessis,

Papy Râleur et Trouduc de l'AVC.

Good job guys !

C'est vraiment magnifique et très travaillé, je ne peux que vous souhaiter bonne chance pour réaliser cela.

Il y a juste un détail qui me dérange, c'est le second screen de "High tier house", on dirait une invasion de trappes ^^

Sinon c'est super, je donne un GROS plussain pour ce projet !

Amicalement,

Creadeyh

Thank you Creator769. Indeed, there are a lot of trapdoors.The reason I use these is because the simulate (in my opinion) Japanese paper walls the best. I know however that these do cause a bit/a lot of lag for some players on lower config computers, so I'll probably dial down on the amount I use to just around the windows.

Salut mon bon Xadrow ! (et tous les autres aussi hein)

Et bien comme à chaque fois... c'est juste magnifique. Cette présentation est tellement bien documentée que l'on demanderait presque un copier coller in game. Concernant le style, j'avoue n'avoir jamais été un grand fan de l'architecture asiatique mais là, tu nous offres un panel de constructions plus diversifiées les unes que les autres en incluant du paysage. Même les simili-rizières sont trop bien faites ! L'utilisation des blocs Mf font ce qui font le charme du serveur et là, tu montres encore ton talent en adaptant ton style à toutes ces nouveautés. On croirait presque qu'on ne pourrait pas faire autrement. Enfin, les détails sont ahurissants, je suis sûr que je pourrais regarder les screens 42 fois sans tout voir (mention spéciale aux toits et aux plafonds qui sont souvent assez dures à faire. Alors que là, ça a l'air beaucoup trop simple !)

Un grand bravo à toi, ce projet mérite plus que largement sa place sur le serveur. C'est définitivement un +1 de la part du singe grabatekh !

Comme pourrais-je dire cela ? C'est juste magnifique !

Un projet très bien travaillé, des détails parfaitement maitrisés (j'adooooore la forêt !) et un style qui n'est pas si présent (et autant poussé d'ailleurs) que cette demande de projet !

J'vois que tu y a mis du tien, et dieu sait que j'aime les personnes motivés pour leurs projets ! :P

De plus comme la dis le singe juste au dessus, tout les screen nous offres des surprises à chaque regard. J'ai vraiment hâte de voir le projet pour le coup !

Un projet qui a un grand avenir, un énorme +1 !

Glandudu

Gland prémature

Dictateur de Ny'Heter

Prophête de Grabah

Larbin à la tache des bûches 

Hello everyone. Just a little message to showcase the progress I've made since end September:

- A new building has been added to the screenshots: The Palace (will probably still be tweaked a little);

- A new piece of artwork at the end of the main post has been added.

- A big thanks to Novi for making an amazing donation of 5000 Silver coins to the project.

I would like to thank every single person who has taken the time to support the project so far. You cannot imagine how happy it makes me to see so many praise my work.

Also, for The_Dionysos, here's the confirmation that I am authorized to write the whole post in English:

killerconf.png

Hi there,

I've received notice from my counsellors that a new territory was being colonised nearby and permission asked at the castle of New Stendel soon. From my throne in Kélaïre, for you have written my city's name correctly and used our monastery (and I like the project :P) I hereby give you, in my name, the support of the city in your enterprise. May you succeed in what you're trying to achieve. May your project bring life to the southern parts of New Stendel.

If you need help one day, you can always ask, we'll try to provide it as much as possible ;).

In the name of Kélaïre, the city between gardens and fountains,

Raidentiger, king of Kélaïre, Lazul's chosen and member of the alliance of the Delta.

Update: The palace is currently being reviewed, as it seemed not being majestic enough. The building base is kept, but works are being made around it. Currently no screenshots because I don't want to spoil the upgrades. The old screens are kept for you to have an idea of what it's going to look like for the style.

Good evening!

You've done something impressive with your project. The video is a nice addition, I loved it. The building are good and use lot of Minefield objects, which is even better. And that Palace is truly amazing. I'll have a pleasure to visit it when finished.

No problem about the neighboring projects managed by the staff, I give the authorization. 

Your project application is accepted. Good luck for the next!